How We Express Ourselves
A very BIG thank you to three families who were risk-takers this week and shared an example of “How They Express Themselves”! We had a Gummy Bear Zumba dance, an instrumental music performance Die Forelle by Schubert, Jurassic Park, with Vietnamese flute and Trung (Vietnamese bamboo instrument) and an origami demonstration.
If you and your child would like to express yourself in a creative, special 2-3 minute performance.. Please sign up here..
This wondering led K2C to learn about ways we can measure time using calendars.
At home you might like to use a calendar and practise using it to count days, and talk about upcoming special events!
Of course the highlight this week was the K2 and Grade 1 Music Concert and Art Exhibition. I imagine you are very proud parents.
Did you know today UNIS celebrated Outdoor Classroom Day !
- spending time outdoors is as important for children’s development as learning to read and write.
- learning outside of the classroom engages and excites children in spectacular ways.
- outdoor play is the key to improving children’s health, wellbeing and happiness.
- outdoor play is not a ‘nice to have’, it is essential for children’s development
When teachers take learning outdoors they report some powerful impacts: Children’s behaviour improves, whole classes are excited to learn, and individuals who feel inhibited by the curriculum often thrive in an outdoor environment. When adults think back to their own happiest memories of childhood, they frequently recall the joy of playing outdoors. Play is not only central to children’s enjoyment of childhood, but teaches critical life skills such as problem-solving, teamwork and creativity.
Friday, May 31: Early Dismissal 11:30am ( Due the Graduation Ceremony)
- Friday, June 7th: ES Moving Up Morning⋅ 8:40 – 10:05am. Students spend time in their new classrooms with their new classmates.
- Friday, June 7th: K2 End of Year celebration Parents invited to join K2 in the ECC Gym for shared ‘party Lunch: You should have already received an email from Juliette.
11.00 – 11:30 Potluck Lunch – Please sign up to bring food to share on the day. You can sign up HERE. All K2 children and their parents will eat lunch together in the ECC gym.11.30 – 12:00 Recess – Outside play time for children. Parents are welcome to stay till 12:00 pm. Parent volunteers help to clean up the ECC gym.12:30 – 1:30 Pool Party for students and teachers only.
- Tuesday, June 11⋅1:15 – 1:45pm Farewell assembly for Discovery – Grade 5 students leaving UNIS. Our K2C ‘leavers’ are : Lily, Oscar, Johanna, Lena, Sebastian, Ms Cathie and Toby Bear!
Wednesday, June 12 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Early Dismissal 12:00 noon