Reflecting on our week in K2C.
This week K2C were architects, storytellers, singers, teachers of grown ups, problem solving mathematicians and curious inquirers.
A big thank you to the parents who joined us on ‘Math Minds Monday’ this week. (Every Monday 8:10-8:40 am, our doors are open for parents to come in, have fun and learn how to play math games with us.)
Do you know UNIS has a Maker-Space? All students in the Elementary school and ECC will use this space and Ms Nhan and Ms Michelle are asking all families to save and collect empty cardboard boxes and tubes. Lids from bottles are also very useful ! We aim for the maker space to be a way for students to also think about the Sustainable Development Goals ( SGD’s) by taking action to rethink, reduce, recycle and repurpose.
I am wondering how much your child talks about school at home? What did he/she enjoy most this week? Ask her/him to retell the story of Snuffles House. Can he she describe the shapes and materials? We are also enjoying the Three Little Pigs stories, to help us make connections to our Unit of Inquiry. I wonder if your child has increased their understanding of these big words: architect, design, environment, resources, purpose?
Our Snuffles house architect designs are displayed on our classroom window. Click on the links below to see /hear videos of K2C in action this week
Listening skills are a focus in K2 at the moment. K2C are able to generate rhyming words and have enjoyed their own version of ‘A Hunting We Will Go ‘.
- Sunday of Service :October 28 choose from four varied service activities. There are no costs to participate.
PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS (ages, available spaces etc)
- Monday Snack Sale– It is K2C’s turn to contribute to this snack sale, and also In order for your child to purchase a snack, please send him/her to school with 10,000 VND- 20,000 VND
- Tuesday 30th- Ethnology Museum K2 Field trip 8:15-11 am. Thank you to our 3 parent volunteers ( Basti’s Mum, Hans’ Mum and Villa’s Dad) who will be joining us.
- Wednesday 31st Dress Up Day ( Please read the ES TinTuc for full details)
- Thursday 1st/Friday 2nd November: Faculty/ Staff Professional Development – No Classes