Thank you for coming in for Student Led Conferences today . I’m so proud of all 13 of our little teachers and I’m sure you are, too. Thank you for being great students!
This week we continued to our new inquiry under the transdisciplinary theme Sharing the planet with the central idea: Understanding living things helps us share our environment and resources. The children have been caring for our garden and fish. We started to read a story called Butterfly Park and became very interested in butterflies. What do butterflies need? The children drew and explained their ideas about butterflies and what they need. We will continue to inquire into the characteristics, life cycle and needs of butterflies over the next few weeks. If you see any caterpillars or caterpillar eggs please send them to school!
We worked with a local social enterprise called Zo Project to learn about traditional paper-making. The children all learned about and experienced the whole process and made some beautiful papers of their own. We were happy to support the important work of this group. www.zoproject.com
In math we continued to explore patterns. What patterns do you notice at home and in the world around you?
Monday is Mother Earth Day and May 2 & 3 we will celebrate Book Week. Please see details about special events below.
Please consider donating books to the UNIS Used Book Sale. You can send in any books, in any languages. Please check the Tin Tuc for more information. Thank you for your support!
Please follow this link to see photos from this week: K1B Media
Show and Tell
- Show and Tell next week. Please help your child bring in something related to animals, insects, or gardening. It may be a book, a tool, a toy, a photo….
- Monday April 22nd: International Mother Earth Day
- Please wear green and bring a litterless snack
- April 29th – May 1st: No school due to Public Holidays
- Thursday May 2nd: Book Day
- Please come to school in costume – dress up as a character from a favourite book
- Please send in a favourite book to read and a stuffed toy that you like to snuggle up with. The books and toys will be sent home on Friday.
- Friday May 3rd: Book Sale, Book Day & Sports Assembly
- Used Book Sale – see the Tin Tuc for more details
- Sports Assembly – please wear blue and UNIS clothes to show our school spirit and support our volleyball teams
- Tuesday May 7th: K1B swimming day switches to Tuesdays. No PE on Mondays.