Open Classrooms: (Thursday 14th – Friday 15th March)
Parents are invited to share in our learning during open classrooms next week (Thursday & Friday)
- 3B times are:
- Thursday 10:30 – 11:10 (Literacy)
- Friday 10:30 – 11:10 (Maths)
- No open classrooms after lunch
- No open classroom for World language because of concert rehearsal.
- No open classrooms for Music because of concert rehearsal.
UOI: We have commenced our new unit. Our central idea is: “Art is a reflective process that can be presented and interpreted in different ways”.
Some responses to the prompt ‘what is art?’ elicited some thoughtful reflections:
- Art is a mindful and creative thing
- Art is a way to refresh your mind
- Art is something we can all do
- Art is fun
- Art is culture
- Art can make you dream
- Art can get you thinking
- Art expresses the artist’s feelings and thoughts
We have also considered the reflections of some famous artists:
Literacy: We continue our inquiry into suffixes. We are working with word sums, practicing identifying base words, and testing and tweaking a flowchart to help us uncover suffix spelling patterns and rules- it’s so much more engaging when the kids notice the complexity/inconsistencies/logic and sometimes bonkers nature of the English language.