Community Meeting and Community Campus Access
I would like to warmly invite you to join me next week for our first Community Meeting of the year, and take this opportunity to announce the start of our Community Campus Access Programme this weekend.
I hope you will join me for this first Community Meeting of the year.
The agenda will include:
- Celebrating the achievements of the Class of 2018, including IBDP results and university placement
- Sharing an outline of the annual action plan and the vision of the leadership team for the upcoming school year
- Discussion of the priorities that the community shared with Dr. Barder at the end of last year.
I hope that you will leave the session having learned more about the direction of UNIS Hanoi moving forward and I will have learned more about the perceptions of our school from all of you. I am looking forward to this opportunity to meet you and to the beginning of our partnership to support the learning experience of your children.
See you there!
Community Campus Access Programme
UNIS Hanoi is committed to building a community of learners and is excited to open its gates for students, families and faculty/staff to enjoy its facilities outside school hours.
Starting tomorrow (Saturday September 8) our Community Campus Access programme will open our recreational and leisure facilities to members of the UNIS Hanoi Community when they are not being used for curricular and cocurricular activities.
The facilities included in this programme (including common spaces and bathrooms) are the:
- Outdoor covered courts
- B5 outdoor court
- Artificial turf field
- Grass field
- School playground
We hope that you will enjoy the facilities with your friends and families and we encourage community members to carefully read the guidelines for Community Campus Access below and look to our website for more detailed information.
The guidelines are for the safety of our community and for the protection of our facilities and include strict ID Badge and parental supervision/buddy requirements for students.
Please note, our Community Campus Access programme does not currently include extensions to the School Library opening times (7.30-17.00 Monday to Friday), but we hope to announce updates later this year.
Community Campus Access Guidelines:
- All use of facilities during the out of hours Community Campus Access programme is at the user/family’s own risk. UNIS Hanoi is not responsible for safety or supervision during these designated times.
- UNIS Hanoi ID Badge is required for campus access in line with our campus security regulations and must be worn at all times (unless involved with a sport activity and then it must be immediately accessible for spot checks by the security team).
- During Campus Community Access times the designated facilities are identified as informal recreation facilities and can be utilised on a first come first served basis. We ask that you respect the spirit of community and invite others to join and/or share spaces. For Facility Rental see the designated times and fees on the School website.
- Adult supervision (or High School sibling/designated babysitter) must be provided for all Elementary School-aged children at all times.
- Students in Grades 6-8 may not use the facilities on their own. They must be on campus with another UNIS Hanoi MSHS student (buddy system or group of friends) or their guardian.
- Students in Grades 9-12 may use the facilities without direct supervision.
- Any damage to facilities or equipment will be charged to the individual responsible.
- All adults and students enjoying the UNIS Hanoi facilities are expected to adhere to the same code of conduct as outlined in Student Parent Handbooks.
- No fees can be charged by community members for any activity or event held on the UNIS Hanoi campus as part of the Community Campus Access Programme.
- Goals, baskets, venue seating and other necessary fixed equipment will be available for use. UNIS Hanoi will not supply recreational equipment such as balls, racquets, hockey sticks, flying discs, etc.
- School sponsored programming takes priority over leisure/recreational use of the facilities.
Community Campus Access Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 15:30 to 18:00
- Wednesday from 14:30 to 18:00
- Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00
- During School holidays: Monday – Saturday from 8:00 to 18:00
(Autumn Break, Two weeks of Winter Break, and Spring Break)
We hope that you enjoy our new Community Campus Access Programme.
Head of School