We want our students to wake up every day knowing we can change the world! Together.
Did you know that your child voted for us to create a UNIS Botanical Garden and a Solar Power Project?
We asked our students what they want to create through the UNIS Impact Fund… and they told us loud and clear with nearly 900 votes for the two projects!
Creating a greener campus and a living, learning experience with movable oases of plants and trees was our community’s Number One idea choice! And hard on its heels was exploring and implementing solar power possibilities at UNIS in partnership with local agencies.
Comments from students during the voting process were very clear that they want to feel empowered to make a difference, both here in Hanoi but also to contribute their ‘teaspoon of change’ to the climate crises we watch unfold on the news daily.
Now we need your help to make those dreams come true by raising $100,000 USD through community fundraising!
You can make a gift today directly to the UNIS Impact Fund with one of our easy gift options – and EVERY GIFT COUNTS! Please support our students and their plans to make the world a better place, and help make the projects that your child voted for become a reality!
Our Big Ideas for the Year of the Rat!
Planning for both projects is just starting with our community taskforce groups of students, teachers, staff, parents and alumni!
We look forward to bringing you regular updates as the projects start to take shape and please email us at email@example.com if you would like to be more involved.
UNIS Botanical Garden
GOAL: Greening our campus with a living, learning experience! Multiple, movable oases of plants and trees focusing on sustainable solutions, integrated into our curriculum and enhancing our learning environment.
- Greening by design with a plant collection curated by our learning community.
- Sensory plants, practical plants, medicinal plants, international diversity, bio-diversity – inspiring endless possibilities for learning.
- Campus indoor and outdoor planting in pots; both Vietnamese artisanal pots and self-watering plant pots, made from recycled waste, using recycled water.
- Movable and scalable – Growing collection to be added to year on year.
- Improve AQI, reduce CO2, create shade, improve aesthetics, learning environment benefits.
- Learning connections – Plant life cycles, data projects etc – All plants linked to an online digital catalogue.
(Developed from proposals from a teacher and parents)
Solar Energy – Prototyping Renewable Energy
GOAL: Explore and implement solar power possibilities at UNIS. Prototyping solutions in partnership with local agencies, designed to scale with strategic campus planning. Rooftop panels creating clean energy partnered with energy saving campaign.
- Environmental impact of producing clean energy on campus.
- Powering our own school needs – Potential to also contribute to grid.
- Urgent need in Vietnam – Government priority for development – Community partners involved.
- First step to campus wide solar plan – Philanthropy kick-start strategic plan.
- Learning connections – energy, engineering, environment, data etc.
- To include a solar tree or flower at ground level for our younger students to make connections and to demonstrate our community’s commitment more visibly.(Developed from proposals from students, faculty and parents.)