Dear UNIS Hanoi Family,
Giving blood can save up to three lives and the need is constant.
UNIS Hanoi is organising it’s annual community blood drive in collaboration with the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) on Thursday, October 24 from 8.30 – 12.00 / 13.15 – 17.30 in the B7 Community Room. This event is open to the wider Hanoi community to join.
We hope to make this event as convenient as possible, it only takes about 45 minutes to give blood and is an easy 3-step process:
- Bring ID and Register
- Take a blood test
- Donate blood
Preparation for the Blood Donation:
- Please read the Basic Donation Information
- Fill out THIS FORM (a schedule will be sent to you).
- Bring ID to register
- Eat a light healthy meal 2 hours before donating blood
- Drink as much water as possible
Steps of the Blood Donation:
- Arrive between 8.30 – 11.15 or 13.15 – 17.30
- Complete registration form from NIHBT
- Medical examination (pulse, blood pressure, blood test)
- Wait 10-15 minutes for test results
- Donate blood 10 -15 minutes (250ml female, 350-450ml male)
- Refreshments, gifts and transportation allowance collection
What do you gain by donating blood?
- You save lives!
- Vietnamese donors are put on a donor database and are prioritized if a blood transfusion is needed
- 45,000VND transportation allowance (option to donate to Service Learning)
- Gift (option to donate to Service Learning)
Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask!
School Health Centre (SHC@unishanoi.org)
Nurse Joanne Connolly (email@example.com)
Vietnamese Nurse Lan Anh (firstname.lastname@example.org)