After our UN Day Ceremony (October 21), we continue the celebration with a whole school community lunch enjoyed by students, parents and staff. It is truly international and delicious! Our shared lunch is made of ‘traditional’ food provided by our parents and is an opportunity for families to showcase cultural cuisines – from old family recipes to new fusion dishes EVERYTHING is welcome!
The lunch which will start at 12:00 noon. The Community Lunch is organised into grade level lunches and your homeroom/grade level parent volunteers will take the lead on organising the lunch. Please review the Food Preparation Guidelines below to ensure we organise a safe and hygienic community potluck lunch with enough food for all!
What should I bring?
- One national dish per child (serving size: ES 10+ portions / MSHS 20+ portions).
- List the food ingredients, name of food and country of origin (food label attached).
- Food should not require refrigeration/heating.
- Food should be easily served — no soupy dishes.
- Label your dish tray with your child’s full name & homeroom.
Grade Lunch Food Sign-up Sheets:
- Discovery & Kindergarten 1 / D/K1 Food Sign-up / Location – ECC Gym
- Kindergarten 2 / K2 Food Sign-up / Location – B/11-G10 & G12 (K2A+K2B)
- Grade 1 / G1 Food Sign-up / Location – individual homerooms
- Grade 2 / G2 Food Sign-up / Location – B9/137 & 138 (2C+2D)
- Grade 3 / G3 Food Sign-up / Location – B9/129 & 130 (3A+3B)
- Grade 4 / G4 Food Sign-up / Location – B9/112 Creativity Space
- Grade 5 / G5 Food Sign-up / Location – B9/G26 & G27 (5A+5B)
- Grade 6 / G6 Food Sign-up / Location – B8b upstairs
- Grade 7 / G7 Food Sign-up / Location – B8b upstairs
- Grade 8 / G8 Food Sign-up / Location – B8b upstairs
- Grade 9 / G9 Food Sign-up / Location – canteen
- Grade 10 / G10 Food Sign-up / Location – canteen
- Grade 11 / G11 Food Sign-up / Location – canteen
- Grade 12 / G12 Food Sign-up / Location – canteen
- Note: Contact your class/grade level parent for any specific lunch related questions.
Single-use Plastic Free Event
As part of our commitments to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production), there will be no single-use plastics used in the organisation of this event. All families are encouraged to come up with create alternatives to single-use plastics when preparing food. Consider using aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap or bring a labeled Tupperware container to bring back home.
Also consider contributing a vegetarian dish as a more sustainable meal option.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact your Class / Grade Level Parent or email the Community Liaison Officer, Nathalie Grun (CLO@unishanoi.org)