On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to welcome all new and returning parents, students, faculty and staff to the 2019-2020 school year. We are delighted to have all of you in our school community this year.
For those new to UNIS Hanoi, the Board has six main tasks:
- Hire, nurture and evaluate the Head of School who is responsible for the day to day management of the School
- Develop strategic plans, ensure their implementation and monitor progress
- Develop and approve school policy
- Ensure the financial health of the School
- Lead and support the annual Governance as Leadership Training Institute at UNIS Hanoi
- Provide leadership to support and drive institutional fundraising
Our specific goals for this year include the following:
- Complete the next Strategic Management Plan by May 2020
- Continue to provide Financial Oversight of the School
- Governance Training and Leadership
- Fundraising Leadership
Regular Board updates are provided throughout the year via the Tin Tuc or direct email.
In the coming weeks I will provide greater detail on Board composition for 2019-2020 and information about our Board community meetings this year.
In the meantime, our best wishes to everyone for a wonderful year!