On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to welcome all new and returning parents, students, faculty and staff to the 2018-2019 school year. We are delighted to have all of you in our school community this year.
For those new to UNIS Hanoi, the Board has four main tasks:
- To hire, nurture and evaluate the Head of School who is responsible for the day to day management of the School;
- To develop strategic plans, ensuring their implementation and monitoring progress;
- To develop and approve school policy; and
- To ensure the financial health of the School.
Our goals for this year are the following:
- Defining fundraising for the future
- Finalising the Board Crisis Management Plan
- Overseeing our new Head of School’s first year
- Overseeing the completion of campus building project Phase 3A
- Strengthening financial oversight capacity
Regular Board updates are provided throughout the year via these Tin Tuc articles or direct email.
In the coming weeks I will provide greater detail on Board composition for 2018-2019 and information about our Board community meetings this year.
In the meantime, welcome to the new school year at UNIS Hanoi.