Welcome 5B Community
UOI – Field Trip to the Woman’s Museum
Our field trip to the Women’s Museum this morning was a clear highlight of our unit so far. The grade level learned a great deal about urban migration here in Vietnam. We were shown a number of personal stories from Vietnamese women, who have made their way from small villages into Hanoi, to work as street vendors. I encourage you to follow up with your children at home this weekend by enquiring about some of the push and pull factors related to migration.
Thank you to Ms Linh for taking such good care of 5B in my absence.
Check out your child’s Seesaw platform to see what they have been up to this week.
A reminder that parents are invited to see what learning looks like in 5B;
Tuesday 19th November
Specialists classes for 5B are
- 8:30 am Art
- 9:25 am World languages
Homeroom times for 5B are
- 10:35 am Math
- 11:30 am Literacy
Health and safety are one of our highest priorities at UNIS Hanoi. We regularly practise evacuation drills with our students and staff to be sure that we can evacuate our campus quickly in case of an emergency.
On Monday 18th November, we will be practising a ‘lockdown drill’ inside the school. This is an essential drill to practice in case there are times when it is safer to lock our students and staff inside the buildings – for examples, when there may be an intruder on campus.
We have already spent time talking with the students about this and have practised the procedure a number of times in class. Students are aware that this will be a practice and we have reiterated the following messages in our conversations:
- That we should always listen to an authority figure for safety information
- Practice means being prepared – knowing what to do keeps us as safe as possible
- This is a ‘just-in-case’ plan – it’s like wearing a helmet when we ride our bikes. We wear helmets and knee pads when we skateboard. We don’t expect to fall, but if we do, we’ll be protected. Then we don’t have to worry. We can just ride our bikes and boards and not even think about falling, because we have the situation covered.
Save the Dates
- Monday 18th November – School Lock Down Drill
- Tuesday 19th November – Open Classrooms
- Wednesday 11th December – Migration Museum
- Friday 14th December – First day of winter break – No SchoolSave the dates.