Greetings 5A Community,
Welcome to our first blog post of the year. We have had a wonderful time this week getting to know each other by engaging in team-building activities and developing routines that allow us to work safely and productively. I feel very privileged to be working with your children who have already demonstrated that they are a kind, enthusiastic and energetic group of learners.
This blog is the main form of communication between 5A and home. Each week I will post what we have been up to during the week and preview what to expect the following week. Reminders of important dates to save will be posted and updated. At the bottom of the post are some dinner time talk questions which are a great way to engage conversations with your child about school.
Additional I like to post photos of 5B students hard at work and your feedback via the comments section below each post is valued and appreciated.
Tin Tuc Weekly News
Our primary communication platform at UNIS Hanoi is the Tin Tuc weekly email. Every Friday afternoon, you will receive Tin Tuc in your inbox, which contains information that is curated especially for you. The Tin Tuc weekly news will contain links to news and blogs from the following:
- Your child’s homeroom and specialist blogs. If you have more than one child, you will receive ONE email, with news from each of your child’s teachers.
- Your child’s school division (Elementary, Middle or High school)
- Whole school news
If you do not receive Tin Tuc this week, please send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SeeSaw – The student platform
This year students are using ‘Seesaw’ to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. Seesaw is private; only people who are invited to view will see posts created by your child. It is also a great way for other members of your child’s extended family to share in what they are up to at school.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/289-556-638
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
P.s. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the ‘Sign in’ tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.
The following are a few reminders to ensure your child is able to participate fully in class.
Each day students should bring.
- A hat to enjoy outside play
- A reusable water bottle. I can’t stress enough the importance of hydration in this hot humid weather.
- Personal headphones (a mic is optional, but important for clear recording). Personal headphones reduce the risk of ear and hair issues being shared amongst students.
- Inform the transport office should you need to make changes to your child’s bus travel plans.
- A pencil case.
G5 Activities and Physical Education Requirements
Your child is a pre-teen and with this comes the responsibility of organising their needs. As the weather continues to be hot and sticky, all G5 students need to think about their hygiene requirements. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Use an antiperspirant each day
- Bring a change of clothes, for after lunch play on the soccer fields
- Have a change of clothes to change into after PE lessons
- Air shoes out over the weekends
For those of you whom I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet, you can read a short brief, in the “about Mr Charie” section of our class blog. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at our ‘Back-to-School Night’ on the evening of September 6th. You can also drop me an email at the following address email@example.com During the day, I rarely have the chance to follow up on emails, so if it is an urgent matter, please contact the ES office directly.
Save the Date:
September 6th – Back to School Night
Dinner Time Talk
- What games did you play this week during class time?
- What ASA’s and Youth Sport’s activities are happening this semester?
- What are you looking forward to doing next week?
“Without a sense of caring,
There can be no sense of community”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
Have a very happy and safe weekend.