We warmly invite you to our Elementary School Open Classrooms – Tuesday 19th November.
What are Open Classrooms?
On the day, at selected times, our classrooms are open for you to observe lessons that put the philosophy and pedagogy of the Primary Years Programme into practice.
Purpose of Open Classrooms
Open Classrooms is for parents to get an insider’s view of what life is like inside the classrooms at UNIS. By opening up our classroom doors we would like to give parents a glimpse of student-centered, constructivist teaching and learning in action. We aim to demonstrate our inquiry-based teaching philosophy which is central to our identity as an IB school.
How does it work?
- Classrooms across all subject areas in the ES will be designated as ‘open house’ events for certain lessons – 19th November 2019.
- A minimum of two lessons will be designated as ‘open’ in your child’s homeroom class
- All specialist lessons will be designated as ‘open’
- Parents may attend any of their child’s open lessons – both homeroom classes and specialist lessons.
- Parents may only visit open lessons in classes that their child attends.
- Please be aware that not all lessons are designated as ‘open’. Be sure to check the schedule below
The designated lessons for 4D are:
Homeroom Teacher – Ms. Christy