Grade 4 Teachers are reaching out to you because we are hoping you or someone from your organization might support the learning of the Grade 4 students during this current unit of inquiry –into children’s rights with a particular focus on access to opportunities, the responsibility of the community and circumstances that impact children’s rights. It would be fantastic if we could also highlight SDG work in connection with children’s rights.
If you or someone you know would be able to support us by presenting and working with our students, please email me and/or fill out this form as soon as possible.
4A Important Information
- This is just a friendly reminder that students should be reading nightly for at least 30 minutes in English or home language.
Explorations This Week
- Tuesday’s provocation sparked powerful student reactions and reflections about the importance of equity for children. This has naturally led to conversations about childhood as a whole and students sharing personal experiences.
- Students continued to develop self-management and communication skills within their book clubs.
- A new math game, Close to 1,000, is beginning to be introduced where students model thinking on a number line along with practicing addition and subtraction. Here is a link if you would like to play at home with a deck of cards.
- We have begun a new expository writing unit focusing on persuasion.
Something to Try at Home
- In connection with our unit of inquiry, Dollar Street, is a fascinating peek into homes around the world. This site might led to conversations at home that connect to our unit’s key concepts of causation (why is it like it is?) and perspective (what are the points of view?)
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out should you have additional questions.