Open Doors – Open Classrooms – Open Minds!
How does it work?
- Classrooms across all subject areas in the ES will be designated as ‘open house’ events for certain lessons – 19th November, 2019.
- two lessons will be designated as ‘open’ in your child’s homeroom class
- All specialist lessons will be designated as ‘open’
- All ‘open’ lessons will be detailed on your child’s blog – communicated by their homeroom teacher
- Parents may attend any of their child’s open lessons – both homeroom classes and specialist lessons.
- Parents may only visit open lessons in classes that their child attends.
- Please be aware that not all lessons are designated as ‘open’. Be sure to check the schedule
What is my responsibility as a visitor to an active learning environment?
- Silence and put away all mobile devices.
- Please enter classrooms quietly and be on time. We recommend you stay for at least 20 minutes to see the flow of the lesson.
- Please be aware of not interrupting the flow of a lesson/your child’s learning.
- Interact with your children only when/if invited to do so. Some classes will be ‘observe only’ while others may be more interactive.
Other important reminders:
- Please leave younger siblings at home with a caregiver, so that you may give you full attention to your child’s class.
- All parents must wear their UNIS Parent ID badge.
- Photographing students is not permitted.
- Parents must wear their Parent ID lanyards at all times.
- Parents may purchase food from the CAFE only, but may not purchase lunches from the canteen (we are unable to cater for unknown numbers).
Below you will find the schedule for 3B’s open classroom sessions. Parents are invited to our Math, UOI, P.E and Art lessons. We hope to see many of you on Tuesday to share in our learning.
Lockdown drill: Monday 18th of Nov.
Moon Bear field trip: updated forms will go out next week. We have rescheduled the moon bear sanctuary for the 29th of Nov.
Have a restful weekend.