REMINDERS / INFORMATION
The week before winter break (Dec. 9-13) we will be reconnecting to our How We Express Ourselves unit by exploring festivals that are celebrated around the world at this time of year. To help your child explain any festivals that you celebrate, I will be sending home a homework sheet early next week. Could you please fill out this sheet with your child and return the sheet by the December 9 so that we can use in class.
If any parent would like to come and share a short explanation of a particular festival that is celebrated in the winter break please let me know and I can arrange a time in our morning (8.10 -8.30) or afternoon (3.10 -3.30) meeting times.
- December 2: Field trip to the botanical gardens.We will be leaving school at 8:30 and taking the bus back at 12:15 to be back in time for lunch.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- Structured Word Inquiry: How do you use your “phoneme fingers” to sound out the word “throwing”? Show me how you would spell it.
- What things did you find on Google Earth?
- What is an information report? What is a “macro topic”? What is a “micro topic”? What are some ideas you put on your Brain Map?
- How are addition and subtraction related?
- How can you add by splitting/decomposing numbers and using an open number line?
PHOTOS TO SHARE AND DISCUSS WITH YOUR CHILD (click on link to see album)
Researching on Land, Water or Space
Students Thinking of Macro and Micro Topics
Structured Word Inquiry – Grade 2 Teachers teaching SWI skills to 2C Students