REMINDERS / INFORMATION
- Students should be reading for a total of 80 minutes at home every week.
- Library Exchange day for 2C is every Friday, week A and B. Please have your child bring a book bag on Fridays.
- Student Council: 2C students who are interested in becoming part of Student Council will have time to give a short talk to the class on Wednesday, explaining why they would be a good Student Council representative. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Seesaw instructions were emailed last week. If you have any questions or did not receive the instructions please let me know.
- Parent Back to School Night – 5th September 2019. 6:00 pm to 7.30 pm. A time to learn more about the Elementary School and 2C.
- Monday, September 2 — no school, Vietnamese National Holiday
- Next week is Week B.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What is your K2B buddy’s name? Where is he/she from?
- What are some communities you belong to?
- What did you do in Maker Space this week?
- What hand signals do you use in class?
- How did people count before then invented numbers?
- How do you pick “just right” books?
- What is the difference between “real” reading and “fake” reading?
- What kind of writing is a “recount”?
- What does it mean to “sketch”?
- What does it mean to be the “best version of yourself”?
PHOTOS TO SHARE AND DISCUSS WITH YOUR CHILD (click on arrow to see whole album) (If you have difficulties viewing, here is a link to the album.)