On Monday we will go on our field trip to inquire into the Vietnamese New Year. Please help your child to bring sensible walking shoes, a snack, water bottle, hat and small backpack or bag to carry these personal items in.
After Tet our curriculum focus will be:
- Reading – Narratives – Monitoring meaning, visualization, inferences and author’s message
- Writing – Procedural
- UOI- New unit – Science – How The World Works – Matter
- Math – We have started inquiring into measurement – Length and time
- January 17: Beginning of Semester 2
- January 22 (Wednesday), 8.00 – 16:00: Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences
- January 24 – February 2: Tet Holiday
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- Why do Vietnamese celebrate Kitchen God Day? What is the story behind this tradition? Can you explain this video to me?
- What do these words mean: length, width, height?
- What is a “unit” when we are measuring?
- Which information report did you decide to publish? What is it about?
- What did you buy at Grade 4 Market Day this week?
Images from our time with our buddies thie week: