Thank you for all your support this week.
It was great to see so many of you take the opportunity to join us in our open classroom sessions. Your children and I really appreciated your time and interest.
Thank you also for all your appreciation on Teacher Appreciation Day. I am truly humbled by all the thanks I received. It is my great pleasure to spend so much time with your children every day and I enjoy my work immensely.
REMINDERS / INFORMATION
- Students have been using the websites Brainpop and Brainpop Jr this week to explore places on land, in water and in space. If your child would like to use these websites at home, they know the UNIS username and password. Students should turn on the CC (Closed Captioning) function, so that they can read along.
- Library Monday
- December 2: Field trip to the botanical gardens.We will be leaving school at 8:30 and taking the bus back at 12:15 to be back in time for lunch.The permission slip for the field trip will be in your child’s Take-Home Folder today. Please return the permission slip by Wednesday, November 27.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What did you learn about building with cardboard in Maker Space this week?
- What locations on land, in the water or in space did you explore this week? What did you learn?
- What are some non-fiction text features and how do they help you understand what you are reading?
- Is “ex” a prefix? How do you know?
- What is your favourite strategy to use when adding or subtracting?
- Explain a math game you played this week.
- What was the most challenging part of school this week?
- Who did you play with and what did you do during recesses?
- Who did you work with in class this week? Were you successful?