Thank you for all your support on UN Day. It was such a wonderful day to celebrate as a school community.
Some highlights from the week.
UOI – Learning to use Google Slides and comment appropriately.
Math – Answering math riddles and word problems, using number lines and gaining a greater understanding of using the benchmark number 10.
English – Learning how to writing a response, using description and compound sentences. Using prediction and connections when we read.
REMINDERS / INFORMATION
- October 1 – November 1: Students must wear sport shoes for PE. If a student wears sandals, crocs, or other inappropriate footwear, they will not be able to participate in the skateboarding activities. Students are allowed to bring their own skateboards, helmets, elbow pads, and knee pads for this unit.
- Library is Monday.
- Week A
- November 11: No school for students, teacher professional development day.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- What did we write a response text about this week? What were the 5 parts of a response.
- What did we learn about using a number line to help us add and subtract?
- When we skip count by 5 or 10 what patterns did we see?
- How can skip counting (by 10’s) help you add and subtract?
- How can T.A.G. help you comment on someone’s blog post respectfully and responsibly?
- What do you learn about using Google Slides?
- What did you learn about when we spoke with our friends in India?