What a fabulous week. I have so much enjoyed getting to know your children. We have been exploring and inquiring into our learning space and becoming a connected community. This year with photos I intend to send them through your child’s Seesaw account. Please see below details for you and your relatives to sign up to your child’s Seesaw account.
Important for Monday as this is helping us to start our first unit of inquiry.
Paper Bag Activity for this weekend.
Check your child’s bag after school on Friday. All instructions are included on the bag. Please place objects that your child wishes to share that tell us about themselves in the bag and return to school by Monday 19th August.
Some helpful information to get the year started.
- Lunchtime– remember to send ID card with money credited to your child’s account or send a home packed lunch.
- Buses. If you child is not going home on the bus you need to contact the transport coordinator and cc me into the email.
- Playdates – Please let me know if your child will not be going home the regular way. An email or handwritten note works best for me. I cannot release a child without parent prior approval to change of usual arrangements.
- Hats are required during recess breaks and PE.
- We have a snack time in the morning inside the classroom before or after recess. In the afternoon there is no snack time provided in class but children may eat during during recess if needed.
- A class schedule was sent home Wednesday. Please add Library to the schedule. Week A – Monday and Week B – Tuesday 2A -2019-2020 Schedule
- Parent Back to School Night – 5th September 2019. 6:00pm to 7.30pm. A time to learn more about the Elementary School and 2A.
- Photo Day for 2A is Wednesday 28th of August.
- If you need to contact me specifically about your child, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. During the school day I do not regularly check email; for urgent matters please contact the E.S. office email@example.com.
Mr Daniel and Ms Ha
Auditions for Grade 2/3 Musical
Aristocats auditions are coming! Here is a brief summary of the story:
When a retired opera singer leaves her inheritance to her cat, Duchess and three kittens, the woman’s butler drugs the cats and abandons them in the countryside in order to inherit the fortune himself. Lost in unfamiliar territory, Duchess and the kittens meet Thomas O’Malley, an alley cat willing to help them return to their home in Paris. They meet several kooky characters along the way, including two English geese and an alley cat jazz band.
If you would like to try out, please sign up for an audition time, which will take place on the following days during lunch: August 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 26th and 27th. For the audition, you will need to sing a short but dramatic song and act out part of the story. The musical will be performed in December and the rehearsals will take place on Mondays and Fridays after school.
For more information contact the Grade 2 Music Team.
Signing up to Seesaw
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I’ll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/125-376-348
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
P.S. If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the ‘Sign in’ tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.