We’ve come to the end of another great week of learning in 1C!
1C students completed activities in UOI and Literacy centers related to balance in our lives which promote Health and Wellbeing. Look on Seesaw for our food group pyramids, Balanced Me posters and our Healthy Plates which we created out of clay and labeled according to the food groups. We played the Tummy Ache Game where we matched healthy and unhealthy pictures and words. After we bought our snacks at the snack sale, we brainstormed adjectives to describe our healthy and unhealthy food choices. Be on the look out for our writing responses about the snack sale.
At our Word Inquiry table, we were on the hunt for vowels a, e, i o and u. We even searched for vowels in our adjectives!
Everyone in the ES Celebrated World Kindness Week!
We shared our Kind Letters from our 1C mailbox with our friends and read stories about being kind.
Our primary goals in Math at the moment are:
- Counting forwards and backwards to 30 and beyond.
- Looking for patterns in numbers, shapes, and pictures.
- Representing numbers in different ways.
- Sequencing numbers.
- Making number paths.
- Knowing our number facts to 10 and 20 in addition and subtraction.
- Practicing and getting used to explaining our maths thinking.
- Our new Unit of Inquiry just started.
- We have begun our new Sharing the Planet Unit in UOI and are looking forward to delving deeper into the environments of living things and human impact upon them. If you have professional experience in this area, we would love to hear from you.
- Ask your child about our search for Non-Fiction books in the library!
- Check your child’s library bag and home reader bags for non-fiction books. Please remember to discuss the Table of Contents, Glossary and Index pages in these non fiction texts.
Thank you so much to our very exciting Mystery Reader, Eni’s mother! Ms. Abi read us two hilarious books by Mo Willems. We love Mo Willems’ books and laughed a lot. We could even read along with the story. There were so many speech bubbles in the stories.Thank you Abi!
Happy Birthday to Simon! We celebrated Simon’s birthday with special cakes he made with his family. Happy birthday Simon!
Upcoming events and Reminders:
We are looking forward to welcoming as many of you as possible into our Open Classroom next Tuesday November 18th when our students will share with you some of the maths games we have been practicing in the classroom.
Enjoy your weekend!