Welcome to Grade 1B
We have had a wonderful time getting to know each other and learning the routines of Grade 1. Here are a few pictures from our week. We started the school year with an opening Assembly with our entire school (D-12). We watched the Dragon Dance and cheered for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Our Grade 1B Class
Elsa, Seohyeon, Ga Yun, Jimmy, Katie, Duc Tam, Squirtle (!), Thomas, Thomas, Yaara,
Getting to Know You
We made ‘All About Me’ posters and the students shared with a partner first and then were able to present them to the entire class. We learned about families, friends, home country flags and favorites. The students were amazing risk-takers and communicators.
We also made some Summer Sunglasses filled with lots of summer memories. The students loved making these too.
We also had an opportunity to tour the school, play with our friends in Grade 1B and hear lots of fun stories. We are so excited about this school year and all of the learning and growing that will take place.
Grade 1B Time Table
This year the Elementary School is on a 10 schedule. We have a Week A and Week B. The PE days and Library days will remain the same for your child each week.
- Birthdays-if you would like to have your child celebrate his/her birthday at school, please bring in a sweet treat in the morning and we will celebrate sometime during that school day. Please see Ms Kristin if you have questions.
- ID cards are kept at school. Students do not take them home. If you need to add money to the card, you can do that online or come to school to add money manually.
- Please email me one family photo for us to use this school year
- Send in a snack and water bottle for your child, daily
- Please label all items (water bottles, clothing etc)