Welcome, 5B Community,
Share in a very special and important event to close the year.
This event is about celebrating your child’s successes as they have transitioned through Elementary School. Moving into MS is a milestone for students and for current and former teachers. We have had the pleasure of getting to see your child develop as a learner, a socialiser and as a person who has a greater understanding of the world around them.
Please join us in celebrating this time with certificate ceremony, morning tea (which our class parents are organising) and then listen to your child’s final assessment of the year, which involves describing how their trans-identity product displays the elements of identity and transition.
Congratulations to our very own Eulalia.
Eulalia won the ES division of the UNIS Garden photography competition this week. Her love of photography was recognised as she shared a pizza lunch with other winners from MS and HS divisions. Way to go Eulalia!
Ninth Graders Taking the Lead
Thursday saw four G9 students, Jachym, Long, Huy and Nikki present and demonstrate how G5 students should use technology responsibly. Their presentation was called ‘Acceptable use of Technology’, which focused on scenarios that students experience at school involving technology and how to identify the best way to use technology in social situations. It was a pleasant surprise to hear these young men tell the G5 students that “Technology is important and we want you to use it a lot, but with this, you must be responsible”.
Student advocacy at its best, student to student. Well done and many thanks Jachym, Long, Huy and Nikki
What a fun way to cool down and enjoy a little bit of competitive fun. Congratulations to the Buffalos who won the fun-filled event today and many thanks to the PE/Swim Teachers who made it all happen.
- Dress code for Monday’s Assembly Celebration is tidy-business wear. Please note it is important that students have a change of clothes for their afternoon activity – Ice Skating.
- Your child received a field trip notice to attend an ice skating session after the Assembly Celebration, on the 11th of June. Please get the permission slips to me ASAP.
- If your child is going to be absent from school, please ensure you contact the ES office to let them know.
- The last day for your child is the14th of June @ 12:00 pm. Your child will start to bring home files and displays starting Tuesday next week. If you need them sooner, please send me an email.
This week in 5B
Scissors and glue, paint and paper, ideas and connections were our focus this week.
Table Talk Time:
- What time will lunch be on Monday? (11 am)
- Which 5B students are leaving UNIS this year?
- Who won the ES Garden Photo Competition from 5B?
- Who had a birthday this week in 5B?
- What do the ‘Guardians of the SDG’s’ do?
- Where are you going for your G5 end of year activity?
- What clothing might you need for ice skating?