Another busy and productive week in 1A!
We’ve been finishing up assessments, learning more about systems and organisation, becoming masters at math games and continuing to build our community!
On Tuesday we went on a systems hunt around our school. We found loads of different systems and took photos of them.
Then we made a human graph to find out which ones we were most interested in finding out more about.
The ASA and recycling system were the winners so watch this space to see where our inquiry takes us!
Here’s a new math game that you can play at home to practice number combinations to 10. It’s called Flip 10. This link has the instructions.
Ask your child to teach you how to play!
- Swimming starts next week! The children will swim every P.E lesson so please help them to be organised with their swimsuit, towel, goggles, and swimming cap for long hair.
- All children are now bringing home readers every day. Please read with your child and sign their communication book
- Please remember to send in headphones so your child can listen to stories on the IPads.
- On Tuesday 19th at 2pm we will have the 30th birthday celebration of UNIS, in the Sports Centre. You are welcome to join in the fun.
- Wednesday 20th is Snack Sale day. Please send 10 or 20 thousand to school so your child can buy something delicious!
- On Friday 22nd, Ms Sharon will host the EAL coffee morning from 8:30-9:30 in the Community Room. Please go along if you wish to know more about our EAL programme.