Greeting 5C Community,
We had a wonderful time this week getting to know each other by engaging in team building activities and developing routines that allow us to work safely and productively. I feel very privileged to be working with your children.
This blog is the main form of communication between 5C and home. Each week we will post what we have done during the week and preview what to expect the following week. Reminders of important dates to save will be posted and updated. We will add dinner time talk questions which are a great way to engage conversations with your child about school. And of course, there will be photos of 5C at work.
SeeSaw – The student platform
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families. Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I’ll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you’ll only see posts created by your child.
Please Sign Up Now
- Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/916-084-055
- Choose your child from the list
- Create your account
- Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
Thank you for supporting your child’s learning!
The following are just a few reminders to ensure your child is able to participate fully in class.
1. Please contact Mr. Lai, the transport manager, if there is a change to your child’s bus schedule. His email is email@example.com
2. Each day students should bring . .
- A hat to enjoy outside play
- A reusable water bottle. I can’t stress enough the importance of hydration in this hot humid weather.
- Personal headphones (a mic is optional, but often very important for clear recording). Personal headphones reduces the risk of ear and hair issues being shared amongst students.
G5 Activities and Physical Education Requirements
Your child is a pre teen and with this comes the responsibility of organising their needs. As the weather continues to be hot and sticky, all G5 students need to think about their hygiene requirements. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Use an antiperspirant each day
- Bring a change of clothes for after lunch play
- Have a change of clothes to change into after PE lessons
- Air shoes out over the weekends to avoid foot odour
With 22 students in a class, you can imagine the range of smells each person delivers and receives. Please have a discussion with your child to decide on their needs and how they may implement these.
For those of you whom I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet, you can read a short brief in the “about Mr. Nathan” section of our class blog. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at our ‘Back-to-School Night’ on the evening of September 6th. You can always email me at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am not able to answer emails while I’m teaching, so if it is important please contact the ES office.
Save the Date:
September 6th – Back to School Night
Dinner Time Talk
What games did G5 play this week to develop team spirit?
What ASA’s and Youth Sport activities are happening this semester?
Looking forward to a great year!
“Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community”
– Anthony J. D’Angelo