Bonjour la classe 2 et 3!
My name is Mr. Christophe and I will be teaching Grade 2 ( Novice 1), Grade 3 ( Novice 1).
I am teaching your child 3 periods of week of 40 minutes each time.
- on Mondays
- on Wednesdays
- on Thursdays for Grade 3
- on Fridays for Grade 2
The last two weeks, we all have been focusing on classroom routines and getting to know each others. This first two weeks are a very important moment of the year at the beginning of the French classroom. All lessons are conducted at almost 100 percent in French and in order for students and I to create a good classroom environnement, we need to establish good communication and good habits so our relationships in classroom will emphasize good learning all year long.
We have been doing very well so far and we are still working on key vocabulary to maintain a good understanding of the classroom instructions and the structure of each periods. We have created together classrooms rules and we have started to apply them this week.
Our learning intentions are:
- Students will be able to introduce themselves and greet others.
- Students will be able to count from 1 to 10.
- Students will be able to say the date the way French people do.
- Students will be able to understand a variety of simple instructions.
- Students will be able to collaboratively build our class essential agreements using the PYP learner profile.
- Students will be able to recognize a variety of French cultural symbols.
Once we start our first unit, we will use Les Loustics textbook and notebook (Hachette Français Langue Etrangère) throughout the year to support our progression.
Bienvenue to the blog! Looking forward to hear from all of you!