Now that I have your attention, I’d like to answer the most frequently asked question at parent conferences, which was, “how can I help my child at home?” The Grade 4 Learning Space is the Website of the Week and the Website of the Year!
Where do you find out about Unit of Inquiries?
Where can I find activities to help with reading?
Where can I find math games and activities to help my child?
Please take time to look through it with your child and enjoy all of the resources and information it has to offer! It is a continuous work in progress and we will add more throughout the year.
On another note, thank you all for taking the time to come in and meet with me this week. It was lovely to have a chance to chat with you and learn more about your child. I am excited about the opportunity to continue to work with you this year to support your child.
Week in Review:
- Math centers to individualize learning according to individual needs
Subtracting over 100 barriers
Reflecting on their work.
Reading for information about the UOI
Writing comments on each other’s blogs and giving feedback that is kind, specific and helpful.
- UOI: Use scientific language to explain how the earth’s surface changes.
- I time: Use the design process to make straw rockets.
- Oct. 9-13 Autumn Break- No School
- October 19th (Thursday) @ 7:00pm in Community Room: Understanding Mathematics at UNIS and How to Support as a Parent.
- This is just for grade 2-5 parents and will be VERY informative!
4C shared space: Photos: (This is where I store all photos taken in class. Last modified dates will help you to find more recent photos)