Dear Grade Two and Grade Three Parents,
The Grade Two and Grade Three Music Concert will be held on Tuesday May 30th at 9am. We are excited to bring all the wonderful work the students have been doing in Music, Choir and Ukelele to the stage and perform for the UNIS Community!
Please note the following information about the performance.
Concert Attire for Grade Two – Grade Three Students:
Students should wear black pants or skirt and a white shirt. Please send these clothes to school for the dress rehearsal on Monday, May 29th.
Concert Duration: 9am-10am
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday morning. Thank you so much for your support.
The Arts Team
For any further questions, please contact Ms. Conroy: email@example.com
We cordially invite you to….
The GRADE 2 and 3 MUSIC CONCERT!
Come and hear some uplifting music from ALL STUDENTS in GRADES TWO AND THREE on TUESDAY MAY 30th in the Centre for the Arts Theatre. Coffee and Tea in the foyer from 8.30am. Concert will begin at 9am.
Students have been working extremely hard to present themselves and their musical learning.
We hope you enjoy the entertainment!
Ms Noor, Ms Alexis and Ms Sally, ES Music
There are four snack sales per academic year. All Elementary School classes are divided into four groups of contributing classes, so that each class will contribute to one snack sale. In order for your child to participate in the snack sale, please send him/her to school with 20,000VND (Cost: 10,000VND per snack/ Limit 2 snacks per child).
A HUGE THANK YOU in advance to Discovery Classes, Homeroom 2d and all Grade 5 classes for contributing snacks tomorrow!
Witness the best part of it all…
The kids faces light up when they see all the snacks available for purchase, but they love it even more when they see their parents at school! So if you’re free from 8.10 – 9.40 on the morning of an ES Snack Sale come by, hang around and help sell the snack to the kids and be part of the action!
As a Nut and Allergy Aware campus we require all snacks to include a list of ingredients. When it is your turn to be a contributing class, we encourage that each family supports the ES Snack Sale by providing:
- 10 individually wrapped homemade healthy snacks (the value of each treat should be at least 10,000VND)
- List of ingredients or snack recipe
- A labeled container/dish with your child’s class and name
- On the morning of the snack sale, please deliver the snacks BEFORE 8.10amto the designated tables in the ECC or ES Courtyard
If you have any questions, please contact the ES Snack Sale Coordinators: Seung Shin Lee, Aya Kuroda and Akiko Nakano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Meet Information
Start on April 24th and are due May 3. The ES G2/3 Swim Meet program will be posted on the pool deck by Friday, April 25 (1 week before the meet). It will include information such as names, houses, gender, grade and events for each participant. Please encourage your students to check if their information is correct. To make any changes, please contact the Aquatics Coordinator by 16:00 on Tuesday, May 3rd latest. There will be no changes done after that time, particularly on the day of the swim meet.
- Entries will be made during PE time during the week starting April 19th.
- Each swimmer has to participate in a minimum of 2 individual events and one relay. Maximum are 5 events and one relay.
- 25m Fins and Kick Races are for the beginner swimmers only (levels 1-4), 100m IM is for the advanced swimmers only (levels 6).
Awards and Scoring
- Every event will be separately scored as: G2 and G3, by gender.
- Individual Events – 1st-25th: 20/17/16/15/14/13/12/11/9/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 points
- Relays – 1st -4th: 40/34/32/30/ points
- Heat Winner ribbons will be presented on the spot following each heat.
- The total number of points by House will be announced at the end of the meet. Each House will receive 1st, 2nd , 3rd or 4th place ribbons.
- Please contact the UNIS Aquatics Coordinator Ella Healy email@example.com if you have any questions regarding entries, points or awards
All events will be timed finals and officiated according to FINA rules. The Semi-automatic timing by referees of the Vietnamese Aquatics and Swimming Association. Meet run by Hy-Tek’s Meet Manager.
Here is a fantastic opportunity for your children who enjoy video games!
Be sure to register here: http://globalcodeathon.com/unis-hanoi-registration/
Support literacy initiatives by donating your used books!
The much anticipated SCO Used Book Sale will be held on May 5 & 6, 2017 this year!
The active Homeroom Book Donation Competition begins TODAY and ends on April 28! Time to sort through those bookshelves and donate your pre-loved books:
- Do you have books that you no longer need that someone else would enjoy?
- Are you leaving Hanoi in June and don’t want to ship all of your books to your next posting?
- Do you want to donate your books to promote literacy in Vietnam?
The Book Sale will be glad to accept your books. Used Book Sale is an opportunity for both kids and adults to purchase some ‘pre-loved’ books, in their native tongue (or another language!), at bargain prices.
Kids’ books, adults’ books, fact or fiction, English, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, German, Swedish, French – we’re interested in books on any subject, in any language spoken within the UNIS Hanoi community. If it’s a book that someone else might enjoy, donate it (please no out-dated travel guides, class readers or inappropriate books please!).
Books will be collected in each ECC/ES and MS classroom. HS will have one central collection box in front of Common Room.
Where does all the money go?
The funds raised at the SCO Used Book Sale will be used to empower a variety of literacy projects created and led by UNIS Hanoi students through the Service Learning Programme. Currently, a Middle School service group is working in collaboration with a Grade 12 design student to develop a library in a school in Pu Bin and more literacy initiatives are in the works!
A lot of volunteers are needed to help sort/price books and then sell during the book Sale. This year, the SCO has decided that each hard-working volunteer will have the opportunity to pre-purchase 1 book per 1.5 hour shift!
Book Sorting: April 20 and May 3 from 8.00 – 11.00 (Canteen)
Book Sales: May 5 from 8.00 – 16.30 and May 6 from 8.00 – 13.00 (Centre for the Arts)
Sign-up for shift here
If you have questions, or would like to be part of the team, please let us know!
Kelly Kim and Winnie Fano, Book Sale CoordinatorsContact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the fifth curriculum overview document. Just a reminder that these documents will be helpful for you to get a better idea of what your child is learning and how you can best support them at home. If you ever have any questions about this document then please contact your child’s teacher for further information.
Grade 3 Team