The students in classes 2A & 2C have completed their Starry Night unit with Ms. Andrea. Sometimes we send the artwork home right away, and sometimes we keep the artwork in order to display it at the elementary art show. If we are keeping your child’s painting for the art show, it will be sent home after the art show is done at the end of April 2018.
Class 2A: Sent home this week.
Class 2C: Being kept for the art show (will get sent home in April).
The Cultural Center of Hanoi is organizing a local art contest with the theme “Peace in the Eyes of Children”. This contest is available for all children in Hanoi from ages 5-15.
Start Time/Date: 8:30 AM, on December 10, 2017 (Sunday)
Venue: Bat Giac Flower Garden – at the back of Ly Thai To Monument, Dinh Tien Hoang street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
Program for the contest:
- 8:30-8:45 AM: Welcome show, declaration of reason, introduction of delegates, opening speech, and speech by Chief of the Examiners
- 8:45-10:15 AM: Children create their artwork
- 10:15-10:30 AM: Collecting the finished artwork
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Performance while everyone waits for examiners to review the artwork
- 11:00-11:30 AM: Announcement of the contest, awards, and closing
Children who wish to participate will need to be accompanied by their parents to the event, which should be a fun family activity! Children who are going to participate in the contest should bring their own art materials (if you would like to borrow some art supplies, please contact Ms. Andrea). Art materials could be crayons, markers, watercolor paint, chalk pastels, etc… The organizing committee will supply a drawing easel, drawing board, and A3 drawing paper. The children should draw something with the focus on the
following suggested topics:
- Cherishing the beauty of Hanoi City – The City for peace
- Show the feelings of humans about safely living in an environment and their surroundings
- Beliefs on peaceful and friendly nations from all over the world who are against war, poverty, disease,…
Prizes (25 prizes)
- 1 first prize: Gift + cash + certificate of Organizing Board
- 2 second prizes: Gift + cash + certificate of Organizing Board
- 3 third prizes: Gift + cash + certificate of Organizing Board
- 19 consolidation prizes: Gift + cash + certificate of Organizing Board
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING, PLEASE EMAIL ANDREA HEINZ (ELEMENTARY ART TEACHER) WITH THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHILD BY NOVEMBER 21ST. UNIS WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION FORM FOR ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS IN THIS EVENT.
Ms. Andrea’s email address: email@example.com
What is Artsonia?
Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world! Every child can have an online art gallery and keep their masterpieces in a digital portfolio! It serves as a kids art museum where young artists and students display their art for other kids worldwide to view, and can also track their progress as an artist from preschool through grade 12. Each student gets an individual site on Artsonia and that site can travel with them from school to school. Your art teachers will periodically upload artwork onto Artsonia throughout the school year. Parents can manage the site and also add friends and family members to each students’ fan club.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact your art teachers, Ms. Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Ms. Emma (email@example.com).