Dear Elementary Families from Discovery to Grade 5,
Given our shared commitment to successful partnerships between parents and our school, we warmly invite you to attend your child’s Back To School Night presentations on Thursday, September 7th, 2017 where you will have the opportunity to hear from homeroom and specialist teachers about the year ahead. Following parent feedback, all Back To School Night presentations from Discovery to Grade 5, will be shared on one evening only.
The programme will run as follows:
|6.00 – 6.30pm||Homeroom Presentation (session 1)||Your child’s homeroom class|
|6.35 – 7.05pm||Homeroom Presentation (session 1 repeated)||Your child’s homeroom class|
|Ongoing from 6.00pm – 7.30pm||Specialist Teacher Information||Centre for Arts Foyer (B10)|
|7.35pm||All Back to School presentations end|
You are invited to attend an information session hosted by your child’s homeroom teacher, as well as to visit your child’s specialist teachers. All homeroom presentations will be available via the homeroom blog after the evening has concluded. A bell will ring at the end of each session to ensure that everyone has enough time to get to the next presentation of the evening.
At our Back To School evening, you can expect that your child’s teachers will share with you a range of information including:
- Important members of your child’s educational team, and their contact details
- Methods of communication between school and home (Blogs, email, ES Tin Tuc, etc)
- What’s different to the previous grade & highlights for this year
- Key areas of focus in Language, Mathematics and Units of Inquiry
- Important aspects of your child’s schedule
- Home learning as it relates to your child’s grade level
- How to best support your child’s learning this year in partnership with the school
Our specialist teachers look forward to meeting you in the Centre for Arts foyer. Here you will find teachers from EAL (English as an Additional Language), Library, Physical Education, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, World Languages and our Student Support Services Team (Learning Support, Counseling & Speech-Language Pathology) as well as representatives from our Co-Curricular office, Food Services and Primary Years Programme.
We look forward to seeing you at Back to School Night and speaking further about what the year ahead holds in store for your child.