On Monday Flynn’s parents Patrick and Faye, came to K2D to share with us Flynn’s Danish heritage. We learned about hygge. Hygge is a danish word that means cosy. We experienced a little bit of hygge by lighting candles and eating Danish biscuits.
On Wednesday Nikhil’s dad Sujoy, came in and taught us about some of India’s many languages. We learned to say hello and count to 10, in Bengali, Marathi, Assamese and Hindi. We also enjoyed eating Indian sweets called laddu.
Global Goals Week
Next week is global goals week at UNIS. During this week we put the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals front and centre in our thinking and our learning. As part of Global Goals week we will be having a Nude Food Day on Friday 28 September. Put simply nude food day means sending your child to school with a snack that contains no disposable packaging. For more information click here
- Next week swimming starts in K2. For more information click here.
- Thursday 27th September – EAL Coffee Morning for new families (returning families are also welcome to attend).
- Friday 28th September Nude food day.
- Friday 28th September 8.30am – K2 Math Coffee Morning with Ms Beth.
- Monday 1st October – ES Parent-Teacher Conferences (no School or ASAs for ES).
- Monday 8th to Friday 12th October – Autumn Break.
- Thank you to the families who have sent headphones into K2D. If you haven’t yet, please could you send a labeled set of headphones for your child to use at school.
Thank you and have a lovely weekend.