Welcome to our New Unit
Digital Citizenship – An inquiry into “How We Organize Ourselves”.
Parents, you can support your child’s language development by discussing the information below in your mother tongue at home.
Central Idea: Choices that digital citizens make impact the global community.
- Purposes and forms of digital technology
- Online responsibilities
- Ways to evaluate media
Vocabulary: citizen, computer virus, digital, digital citizen, digital footprint, download, email, internet, media, message, offline, online, private, technology, URL, website, World Wide Web (WWW)
International Day of Peace
This Friday is the International Day of Peace and Grade 2 has used our community time this week to learn more about what peace is and answering the question, “How will you make peace?” For our SDG Week action we’ve created a Flipgrid to record our responses and would like to invite other teachers and students to add their pledges for peace. Please follow the link below if you would like to add to our Flipgrid. This also supports our current unit of inquiry, HWOO, by demonstrating the power of digital technology to connect people.
Visit our Peace Flipgrid to see how we are spreading the word digitally about peace!
Reading and Math
Students organized their own literacy rotations this week by selecting and scheduling activities, then smoothly and independently moving through the activities. In math, we continue our exploration of the structure of numbers.
- Library is Wednesday
- Grade 2 Math Coffee Morning with Math Coach Beth Murray on Wednesday, Sept. 26th from 8:30-9:30 am Topics include
- Second Grade Big Ideas
- What math looks like in grade 2
- How you can support your student at home
- EAL Coffee Morning with EAL Laura Berrish on Thursday, September 27th from 8:30-9:30 Turtle Tower & Temple of Literature Rooms, Ly Thai To Centre, B8b
- Monday 1 Oct Parent-Teacher Conferences: During your individual time with the teachers, you will be able to discuss your child’s strengths and challenges, hear how they have settled into class and together set goals for their development. The meeting is between the parents and teachers. Students are not expected to attend.
Please note: There will be no school for ES students. Also there are no ASAs/Aquatics Academy for ES Students.
- 8-12 October: Autumn Break – no school
IMAGES FROM THE WEEK
Tuning into our new unit with class 2B.
Using structure to recognize numbers including Matthew’s birthday cupcakes.
Moon Festival and learning how to email for our new unit.
Have a great weekend.