As we prepare for our Poetry Cafe celebration on May 4th we have been learning about different types of poems (List and Cinquain) and the styles of different poets. We read some poems by Shel Silverstein and illustrated our SDG poems in this style. We look forward to sharing them with you.
Super Cycling Man
We had the pleasure of meeting the inspirational Super Cycling Man as he cycles his way through Vietnam as part of a much larger goal: To be the first person to cycle across all 7 continents! The Super Cycling Man embarked on this epic journey back in May 2015 and plans to reach his goal by 2020. We were inspired by his commitment, enthusiasm and big smile as he shared some important messages with us:
- Go for your dreams!
- Never give up!
- Be kind to others!
The Super Cycling Man is hoping to raise 100,000GBP to support the charity Parkinson’s U.K. Please support and take action by making a donation via his website www.supercyclingman.com. Check out this video for more information.
Book Week is coming up!
Book week runs from May 2nd-4th and here is run down of the week’s events:
- Wednesday: Wear a word day- We will kick start the week by wearing one word of our choice. It can be any word of your choice and we encourage everyone to be as creative as possible with their book choice!
- Thursday: Character Book Dress-Up Day- Don’t forget to bring along a copy of the book that your character features in! We will join our Buddy Class 5A to show off our costumes in the ES Costume Parade.
- Friday: Pajama and Cuddly Toy Day – Get comfy, wear your favorite pjs and bring along a cuddly friend.
- Please note that there is no school on both
- Book Donations: Thank you to everyone who has donated books for the upcoming Book Drive. Your participation is much appreciation. Keep sending in any used books that you are willing to donate.
- Poetry Cafe on Friday May 4th: Please join us at 14:30 for a coffee and a short recital of the poems that we have been creating.
- Play-Based Learning Feedback Form: We greatly appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.