Name and brief explanation of history:
The founding members were originally a group of fishermen. Whilst on a fishing trip, a storm hit in their area of fishing and destroyed their boat. They were shipwrecked onto a large island nearby. The first few days were harsh and difficult, but eventually, they used their leftover fishing tools for food and used dried banana and coconut leaves for fires for cooking and keeping warm and they used fallen trees after a storm to build huts and small houses. Slowly, they developed into a village, town and eventually a city.
Map and environment
Hallarian: It originates from the name of the culture.
How are you?: Liora est kina
Not good: Nokel
Clothing and fashion:
Females wear grass clothing and males wear clothes made if boarskin. The female clothing symbolizes how when they arrived to the island, their clothes were torn and wet, so they used used leaves, while men did hunting and killed boar for meat and for their skin for clothing.
Traditional food and cuisine:
The traditional food that is eaten is Ulav, which is fish baked in banana leaves. In the very beginning of their culture, when they were first shipwrecked on the island they had their leftover half-broken fishing tools and bananas from the tree around them. The bananas were eaten, the peels were dried and burned for fire and the leaves were wrapped around foods to give the food more flavor, presentation and uniqueness.
7. What kind of music do people listen to?
People listen to pop music and music that other people in other countries listen to. Now, It’s a well-populated country-island with each little island being it’s own city so they listen to all kinds of music.
8. What type of government will rule your society? What are the main rules of your society? Why? What kinds of behaviours would be allowed and what would be banned/prohibited?
Democracy – Every 4 years on February 29th a new leader is selected.
No killing people otherwise you get a life sentence in prison
No littering or loitering or else you get charged a fine of maximum 1000 Leeros
No calling on the phone while driving or get charged a fine of maximum 10000 Leeros
9. What type of economic system would you create? Why have you chosen this system?
The name of the money is Leero. There are 10 Alvo in each Leero.
10. Are there any important cultural symbols, holidays, etc. that are important to your society?
February 29th is an important because it’s the day, every leap year, in which there is a new president nominated in the
capital city Ikiri, where the population is over 2 million. It is one of the most important days because it is the day that a
new leader is chosen for 4 years.
There is also something called the Golden Barebacked Alcanoid which is a special freshwater fish that can only be found in the rivers and streams of Hallaria. It is obnoxiously brightly colored and has no scales on it’s back giving it the “Barebacked” title.
11. What are the mostly highly valued cultural activities and why? (art, music, sport etc.)
12. What do people do for fun and recreation?
Swimming and fishing are very common on this island because they are surrounded by an Ocean.
13. What is the education system structured like (what kind of schools, what ages, length, etc.)?
We have a normal educational system. Preschool to 12th grade. You enter preschool at the age of 4 and you get out of school at the age of 18
14. Does your society follow a religion? Why? Why not?
Yes,they believe in the goddess of the sea, Crotus (Crow-tus), who spared the lives of the 7 people on the fishing boat the day of the storm. They worship her and the god of the weather, Goliare (Go-Lee-Air) who controls sun, rain and all the other elements of weather.
15. Create a word bank with ten words that describe the best values/attributes of your citizens (what you want them to be)?